mercredi 10 juin 2015

6130 Alternator - HELP Please !!!

We've got a 2013 6130, with about 700 hrs on the engine, have it since new.
One morning this year, the battery warning light came on (after the first startup), which indicates that the alternator is not charging. (The cranking speed of the engine was normal). I immediately shut down the engine, thought is was the fanbelt.
There was nothing wrong with the belt/belt tension. I restart the engine, and head back home with the combine, in case I have to remove the alternator.

On my way home, after about 10 mins of driving, the warning lamp suddenly went dead, and the alternator charge again ! (the batt volts originally indicates 11.8V after the startup, and then 13.6V after the batt lamp went dead) I phoned the dealer but he hasn't got a explanation....

Since that morning, every day after the first startup the batt lamp lits up for about 10-15 mins, and then goes off.
We harvest till late in the evenings, with working lights on, and the battery volts is normal at about 13.0V to 13.3V under load.

When the (warm) engine is shutdown during the day, the batt light doesnt came on after startup...it only came on after starting for the FIRST time on a day.

There is no loose connections on the alternator.

We've reached the end of our harvest season, did approximately 60hrs after the first incident.

I want to repair the fault before the next season.
Your inputs will be appreciated, is it the alternator, regulator, ignitionswitch...?
I've checked for loose connections but did not solve the problem.
6130 Alternator - HELP Please !!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.